Just a quick reminder, the 2017 tax compliance deadlines are quickly approaching. For reference, the ones you need to be aware of are:
January 31, 2018
- Deadline to distribute annual wage and tax reports to employees and independent
contractors who did work for you in 2017.
- Deadline to submit transmittal forms for W-2s to the Social Security Administration
(Form W-3, all W-2s and Form 1096, along with all 1099 forms) is now January 31—NEW
- Deadline for Annual Payroll tax reports, due for 2017 payroll taxes, including annual
wage and tax reports, unemployment tax reports, and Form 941 (the quarterly payroll
- Deadline for the monthly payment on federal unemployment (FUTA) taxes and the
Federal Unemployment Tax Report for 2017.
March 15, 2018
- Deadline for Partnerships and S-Corporations to file tax returns.
April 17, 2018
- Deadline for C-Corporations, sole proprietors, and individuals to file tax returns.