- Prepare federal and state corporate, individual, and partnership returns, including exercising professional judgment with respect to issue identification to develop solutions to tax issues in returns.
- Research tax issues and legislation.
- Interpret tax code.
- Create workpapers and documentation to support tax return calculations.
- Make projections on future tax liabilities based on variable options to make client recommendations as part of the tax planning process.
- Interact with client personnel regarding tax return information, deadlines, etc. and keep the team informed on status.
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Keep current on professional announcements and proactively participate in professional development opportunities
- Initiate and develop a relationship with appropriate levels of the client’s management team.
- Conduct oneself professionally as a representative of the Firm.
- Work beyond standard hours is expected throughout the year.
- Provide training to co-workers on technical areas of tax expertise.
- Give insight and thought leadership to corporate publications on tax matters.
- Minimal travel to client sites may be required.
- Additional responsibilities, not listed above may be expected as needed.
- Technology savvy
- Problem-solving and proactive decision-making
- Adaptable and resourceful
- Project management skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple clients’ needs simultaneously
- Highly self-motivated and versatile
- Entrepreneurial spirit, mind & drive
- Always looking to improve and eager to grow in the public accounting profession
- Must have strong technology skills and be proficient with all aspects of Microsoft Office. Working knowledge and experience with UltraTax CS, QuickBooks Online & Xero is a plus.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to listen effectively.
- Work well under pressure; able to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Ability to learn processes quickly and be able to apply that knowledge to engagements.
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments; be able to multi-task.
- Basic knowledge of federal and state tax compliance.
- Team player with a desire to be an active participant within the
- Have a strong desire to maintain a customer service approach focused on exceeding expectations in all areas.
- Knowledge of basic tax laws/Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- At least 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university (minimum of 150 college credits required).
- M.S. in Taxation (preferred).
- Must have CPA license or be eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
Launch Consulting Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Launch Consulting, Inc does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.